Is It That Important To Have a Good Tech?
If you’re a graphic designer who wants to deliver the work in an efficient and professional manner, then yes, finding the best laptop for animation and graphic design is a must!
You know you need it because the client’s asking for quality, and in this field, quality is directly proportional to the device you’re using to do the job.
These days, graphic designers are a must if people want to take their business to the next level. Logos, banners, website animation and dynamics, special effects, these could prove to be the prominent factors that will propel their business in the top.
Whether the client’s just starting a company or thinking about going forward with his plan and needs a logo, or they’re a multinational company who wants a website animated, they’re all going to need your help.
Because you’re a true professional who always does the job perfectly, you want to use one of the top devices out there who’ll make your work easier and more pleasing.
You want to achieve the best performance in design software like Adobe Photoshop, or many others. Even more, you would also want your device to be easy to handle, light, with nice curves to ease your work. And this is why you are looking for the best laptop for animation and graphic design.
Look no further, because here, I will tell you exactly what you need to be looking for in order to get the best tool out there. There are a couple of general aspects that you consider before deciding on anything.
- Overall price, and the balance between quality and price
- Portability, whether it’s easy to handle wherever you go
- Maximal power and its potential, whether it can run your plethora of graphic design applications
I’m talking about the technical specifications that the laptop should have in order to be classified as the best for graphic design and animation as well.
Even if you don’t know much about the tech stuff, with a few minutes spent on research, you will have the general know-how to accurately pinpoint what you need.
Thus, here they are, the most important elements of the best laptop for animation and graphic design:
- RAM – the total memory power that a device has. The higher it is, the more performance it will dish out, with more programs running simultaneously, and swift responses to commands. A RAM memory of 16GB should be the basic requirement that you should have in mind when buying such a device. For more high-end projects that will really put your laptop to the test, consider buying a laptop with 32 GB of RAM memory.
- GPU – the graphics card of the device. It’s directly responsible for the quality, speed, and amount of visual data rendered. Thus, this will be an essential factor that you should keep an eye on. The best ones on the market are the ones Nvidia and AMD make, but there are other manufacturers that come quite close to them. The optimal RAM memory of the graphic card should a minimum of 2 GB.
- CPU – the processor that performs the basic functions of a computer. It analyzes information, processes it to respond to certain commands, and it’s also an integral part of a good laptop. The I7, for example, is one of the best choices, in terms of processing power and battery life.
- HDD/SSD – the storage capability of the device, which refers to the amount of information you can put on it. In this sense, there is quite a stark difference between an HDD, which does support a larger quantity of information, but is considerably slow in comparation to the SSD. The latter is still in its beginning phase, with the storing capacity being quite limited. It does promise to have a lot of potential.
The Best Laptop For Animation And Graphic Design Is Here!
Now that we’ve gotten over the technical details and the requirements that you should keep an eye on when looking for a good graphic design laptop, let’s get down to business. After this, you’ll be on your way with the sufficient information at your disposal to get what you’re looking for.
What is considered to be the best laptop for animation and graphic design is the Microsoft Surface Book 2, who might not so good-looking as a MacBook, with slim and gentle curves, but what it doesn’t provide in beauty, it certainly compensates in raw power.
This laptop is an absolute beast when it comes to processing graphic data, and you will never want for anything else than the next version of this awesome device.
It has a Intel Core i7 processor that has been observed to be quite a bit faster than anything else on the market. It has a running power of 1.90 GHz, able to reach a maximum of 4.20 GHz, being the 8th generation of this series.
Moreover, it sports a 16 GB DDR4 RAM memory, being just perfect for all those long nights where you’ll wish for speed above all else.
It also has a whopping 1 TB SSD, which is one of the highest storage capacities for SSD, at least currently. You may have to pay attention to the amount of information you put on it, if you have a lot of projects going on, but the sheer raw performance this will provide compared to an HDD is surely worth it.
Finally, because the best laptop for animation and graphic design would be nothing else than scrap without a graphics card, the Microsoft Surface Book 2 has an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with a 3GB RAM memory attached. It literally can’t get better than this, at least for now.
This laptop can also act as a tablet because it has a very performant touchscreen, in the sense that it supports an immense color accuracy, which are very vivid, natural, and quite splendid.
So, if you want to turn this little beast into a sketchbook and use it to more naturally control your graphic design, giving it a slender look, you can do it in just a few moves.
Of course, the price also raises up to the expectations, but if you want quality, then you should also expect to pay for it. Where in this world did you receive something this ridiculously useful at a cheap-skate price?
As a graphics designer hired by many high-end companies to work on their logos or create certain animations for their web-sites, you have to make sure that you deliver the best possible work using the most proficient technical tool.
I hope this helped you with gathering the necessary information, and that you’ve made up your mind about the best laptop for animation and graphic design.
The Microsoft Surface Book 2 may be the best laptop for this kind of work at the moment, but technology is constantly advancing, evolving further and further.
In a few years, there will be other standards for performance, and this laptop will be outdated. However, now that you know what to look for, it’s going to be exponentially easier for you to make the best choice.
And all your employers will be astounded at the level of quality you’ll provide using the knowledge you’ve acquired here.
For cheaper alternative check out my article about Best Budget Laptops for Graphic Design.